Water Heater Repair and Installation in Helena, MT
At Big Sky Plumbing & Heating, we take care of all your water heater needs. We repair or install any brand of water heater, whether it’s reservoir or tankless, electric or gas. As a locally owned plumbing and HVAC company, we proudly serve Helena, MT. If your water heater has suddenly stopped producing hot water, it will affect your food preparation, laundry and bathing. The pilot light may have gone out or it may have developed a leak. Whatever the problem, our trained plumbers can detect it and repair it. It could be time for you to replace your water heater with a more technologically advanced model that could reduce your energy consumption.
Common Water Heater Problems We Repair
If your water heater fails to provide hot water to your home, it can completely disrupt your lifestyle. Here are a few of the most common water heater problems in Helena, MT:
- No hot water – If your water heater is electric, the causes may be a flipped circuit breaker or a failed heating element. It could also be caused by a tripped thermostat switch because the water was too hot or because the thermostat needs replacement. With gas water heaters, several problems may occur with the pilot light.
- Low water pressure – This is a common occurrence in older homes, and low water pressure often needs water heater repair in Helena, MT. It is often due to old 1/2-inch galvanized piping which limits water pressure. The only solution is to replace the piping with modern 3/4-inch pipes. Calcium deposits, sediment and rust may also contribute to low water pressure.
- Rust-colored water – Rusty or dirty water may be a sign of corrosion of the tank or anode rod in an electric heater. It could also cause a leak if the rust wears through the tank. Dirty water may be caused by scale buildup on the heating elements or sediment that gets into the water outlet.
- Strange noises – Popping, banging, hissing and knocking sounds may come from your water heater. The causes may be sediment buildup, a leak or too much pressure. While these noises may be harmless, it’s better to have them checked just to make sure no worse problem can develop later.
Customized Water Heater Solutions
The certified, professional plumbers at Big Sky Plumbing & Heating will work to determine the problems and recommend water heater solutions in Helena, MT. This may include a simple repair, a replacement part or a new installation. We service:
- Gas or electric – These are the main sources of heat for most water heaters. The water is heated when it passes through a pipe with a heat exchanger. Gas requires a pilot light that is turned on by an electric impulse from an inbuilt battery. Gas water heaters are safe if they are installed properly. They require good ventilation and shouldn’t be near electrical wiring. Our plumbers know the standards and codes for installing and maintaining gas water heaters in Helena, MT. Electric water heaters are easier to install than gas, but the cost of energy per month will be more.
- Standard storage tanks – This is the most common type of water heater. It comes in several sizes and holds the hot water until it is used. It can be powered by gas or electricity. You need to get the right-size tank for your family. Otherwise, when the water is used up, you will have to wait until another tankful heats.
- Tankless water heaters – Tankless water heaters in Helena, MT heat the water on demand and do not store hot water. It heats the water as it is used and is great for a large family as long as you have the right size. The best type uses gas, but larger models need larger gas lines. Large electric tankless water heaters may require an increased capacity of electricity.
Contact Us for Help
If you have any of the above problems, it’s best not to postpone service for water heaters in Helena, MT. Call Big Sky Plumbing & Heating at (406) 443-0336 as soon as you suspect a problem, and we will send a licensed plumber to examine the situation and solve the problem.
We're proud of the community we serve!
Contact our team of licensed professionals
No better time to call Big Sky Plumbing & Heating than right now!
GET A HOLD OF US